Now Accepting Submissions for LABEST 2022
The Pearl Cohen Poster Award Competition ($250 - $750 cash prizes)
The competition provides a unique opportunity to showcase your bioscience research program to pharma and biotech industry leaders’ entrepreneurs and investors. The poster session will be held on our Digital Poster Showcase Platform. Poster Award judges will include leading biopharma companies Amgen, Kite Pharma, Genentech, Allogene Therapeutics, and Alexandria Venture Investments. All accepted submissions will be displayed during the digital Poster Plaza Session, which will be arranged by therapeutic areas.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION?
· Exposure to hundreds of pharma and biotech industry leaders
• Opportunity to connect 1:1 with talent acquisition specialists from Amgen, Kite, a Gilead
Company, Genentech, and many more
• Each Poster Award winner will receive an invitation to participate in an exclusive Pearl
Cohen Corporate IP Due Diligence Bootcamp
• Opportunity to win $250 - $750 in cash prizes
• Finalists/Award winners will have the opportunity to showcase their posters at the event/
LABEST and attend in person networking reception on the Luskin terrace
• One free admission to LABEST for lead presenter
Poster Submission Timeline
Tuesday, May 10, 2022:
- Please submit a one-page PDF of your final poster through our digital poster platform.
- Kindly submit the posters in the PORTRAIT format only.
Tuesday, May 10, 2022:
- Please submit/upload a video file (or voice) narrating the poster through our Digital Poster Showcase Platform along with your one-page PDF of your final poster.
- Video or audio media files are required to be qualified and considered for the poster awards.
- Optionally, there is an opportunity to just submit your posters and have them displayed virtually on our digital Poster Showcase platform and not participate in the Pearl Cohen Poster Award Competition.
Please see the LABEST 2022 Pearl Cohen Poster Awards PDF flyer for more details.
HOW AND WHEN DO I SUBMIT A POSTER?
· Open to all UCLA bioscience graduate students, post-docs, faculty, and research/
• Send a portrait PDF and a video/audio link explaining your poster
• POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 3. Video/audio submission deadline: May 10
• Submit your posters here (Note: Kindly submit finalized version of the posters only)
• Posters should highlight recent research projects – ONLY non-confidential data.
Not sure about the status of your research? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your poster submissions DO NOT CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Contact TDG (HERE) if you believe your posters may contain intellectual property that may need patent or copyright protection. TDG Business Development Officers are available to address any questions.
LABEST is a Los Angeles bioscience forum and includes participation by the City of Hope, Caltech, Cedars Sinai, USC and Lundquist Institute. This event will exhibit the outstanding basic and translational bioscience research at UCLA, highlight our growing entrepreneurial ecosystem, and foster partnerships with the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. PI “Spotlight” presentations and leading UCLA bioscience research programs will be showcased where significant expertise, pioneering research and resources are focused on developing new breakthrough therapies to treat critical diseases.
We look forward to your participation in this important event!
2019 UCLA Biomedical & Life Science Innovation Day video can be accessed HERE.