Submit an Invention Report
DISCLOSE IP THROUGH THE UCLA PI PORTAL
- If you are a UCLA inventor, the preferred method of disclosure is through our upgraded UCLA PI Portal. Log in, click My Inventions, then Invention Reports, then Create New Report/Group
- The PI Portal makes submissions easier by auto-filling inventor demographic data, funding data & more.
- Please see the PI Portal Feature Guide March 2021 for more information.
DISCLOSE AN INVENTION
- If you are disclosing an invention, you can alternatively use the UCLA Invention Disclosure Form.
- The ideal time to disclose an invention is before a public disclosure.
- Our office is available to discuss your idea at any time, even before you fill out the Invention Disclosure Form, to help put together a patenting and commercial partnering strategy.
DISCLOSE ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGY (COPYRIGHTS, TANGIBLE RESEARCH PROPERTY, ETC.)
- If you are disclosing associated technology (e.g. non-patentable, non-software know-how, data, protocols, or tangible research materials such as cell lines, mouse models and other reagents, or non-software copyrightable works, please use the UCLA Associated Technology Disclosure Form.
- We will be adding the feature to disclose associated technology through the UCLA PI Portal soon.
- See Copyright Flowchart below for UC Policy procedure.
- If you are disclosing software code, please use the UCLA Software Disclosure Form.
- We will be adding the feature to disclose software code through the UCLA PI Portal soon.
- Email your Disclosure Form(s) to email@example.com.
- Call us at 310-794-0558 for additional information or assistance with completing the Disclosure Forms.
- For more information on UC's Patent Policy please see here; UC Patent Acknowledgment (PDF).
- For all other questions, see a list of contacts at TDG.
- Please use the flowchart below to see whether your invention can be disclosed within UC Policy.